Tuesday, May 13, 2008

New Post following..Live up to what you want: A rich beggar

Good Morning!!

As this week is started with flowers.. here is one more.. The snaps were clicked in garden.









Refreshing Colors...








Have a Fresh Day!!




Live up to what you want: A rich beggar

An observation and a thought to inherit.
‘Live up to what you want’.

Title sounds ironic right? But yes! It’s true. This beggar is real rich man.

He is village man thats how I thought of him, when I saw him first. No one will ever identify him as beggar... He is old man, his age must sixty and above. Dressed up in white kurta (which has pockets in front to keep stuffs... typically tobacco pack is kept there and some money) and white doti. That color is not that white... But a faded one... It has touch of soil could be that’s what I thought he is village man. He is wearing cap – typical Maharashtraian cap. He has one hand bag and a saffron colored flag to prove he is devotee. Devotee of god…. His eyes were weird and  his voice is hoaxing.
He is healthy man... No disease not a handicap.
He sits exactly down stairs-below my office... he begs on one of the Busy Street of City.
He has made a place for himself. His bag is well equipped to fight any season... as he has plastic to cover up in rain and monkey cap in winter. Here was 1st sign of lavish beggar, who is so prepared for natural calamities. Who is lavish in his world...

He has unique begging style, when ever he needs food he begs, otherwise he sits quietly. He calls people whenever he is hungry. The unique  begging style catches attention of people.

By then, I had developed strange feeling. His presence bothered me. He never begged in front of me, but once I had offered him food. He took it happily. Now, as I served him once, He wanted me to serve him again and again... He kept starring and begging at me. I ignored him but when ever I looked at him, he use to call me and ask for food. I ignored him... Cautiously.
I saw him once at food joint nearby. He was asking a lady not to buy him daily meal but to buy “Two Vada Paves”, there was something unique about this beggar, and he has demand. Here is second one, yup! He is lavish beggar.
This was puzzle for me- beggar demands what he wants to eat?
As time passed I saw in while passing through. It generated curiosity about him. His eyes always looked strange. He also gazed at me.
He use to disappear in between for weeks and than come back as if he owned the place and people who did feed him.
Once as usual he disappeared... I was bit relaxed, his weird eyes and voice gave me break… I was very happy to hang out down… and move on the street.
One fine evening, when we were coming back to office, an Auto stopped in front of office building. I did not bother, my colleague made me look at auto... I was surprised to see the picture.
This beggar got out of Auto paying meter bill… he came back settled to “His 3 by 5 sq.ft”place.
He was true lavish beggar indeed!
I thought over his behavior all over again. It gave me a weighty feeling always. Then I recognized that he was above all beggars, who were begging for survival. There are of course few beggars who have good bank balance (I have heard this from people) but they are an exceptional.
People like us struggle in societal boundaries to do what we want to do, Sometimes it takes a shape of fear, shame or embarrassment.
He being beggar is living with his own aspirations of being lavish in his small world...and  truly he is living up to what he wants in life…

1 comment:

The Time said...

Thats the way people shud live their lives..LIVING UP TO WHAT U WANT...