Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Religion called Humanity

I learn so much every day, life is real teacher. I lived in my own illusions so long, I thought!

As time demands, we have to be adaptable for change, let it be in adapting values, culture, thought (of course, which we agree upon... not a forcible adaptation!) to some extent we are doing that but still we are so much jammed in our thinking, in religion so much…

as sociology student, I have read so my thinkers, these thinkers, have drawn their own perceptions of connection between Society & religion.

Recently, funnily enough, I came across so many incidences.

Sometimes I go to beauty parlor, near my office. The owner is decent lady, but talks a lot… other day, she introduced me to her daughter, & she started with with my name & my caste & sub caste, as we shared same religion. It was so much astonishing, for me that people just not only are stuck up with religion but also with caste & sub castes….

Later followed by another incidence, which I don’t want to mention here…

But what was shocking to me or rather it broke my own illusions that people are still so much stuck up with These Manly Created Religions & Castes…
I thought, at least educated class of India, who is moving head to adapt new technology, culture have still stuck up with the castes & religions…

In my view, One has to understand... there is only one religion called Humanity & one caste called fellow human being to reach concept called spirituality!


1 comment:

The Time said...

It will Take long long time for ppl to get out of this illusionary system of caste n religion..they follow it just because its being followed for past thousand years..and i bet majority of ppl who talk abt religion and caste dont even know wt they are talking about...Its a Complete MYTH...