Friday, June 27, 2008

Its Indian Performance

Hie..
hmm after long weeks... Was really busy at office.... so did not get much time to write...
we faced so many difficulties at this end...I am writing on it & will post it soon..

It was one of the busy day of the week in the office… there was sound of drum bits... I always get fascinated towards these stuffs like sounds, shouts & fights ... (My colleague… calls it Panchayat)
but I don’t mind... Yup its typical woman attitude, but I don’t mind it.

But it’s certainly not that I want to know, what is happening at other end, perhaps there is loads of observation stored. When two people are fighting, it’s not about there fight but about their expressions, action & reaction. That shows much of cultural &; social impact… that might be difference among people from different strata & regions.

Okay… I want to say something else here... that happens when sociologist look at I guess… So I was talking about the drum sounds.

I went to window; there was old man who was biting the drum. There was something full of feathers dancing on the beat. It looked like bird so of course it was catching attention of passerby. As music stopped, this feather cover wearing boy got out of it, folded it & than went across to collect money… hardly, few paid him other walked away … reason no one knows…



There is old man behind playing drums

This is boy wearing feather cover & dancing

There is plate with some coins...





Thats another pose...









Boy now removing the cover








(My students clicked the snaps which made me jot down these lines.. Thanx to Anup & Tanmay. Anup for giving his mobile to click snaps & Tanmay for clicking!)

(This was handmade stuff)

There I thought, might be this is India that why people don’t want to pay him. In America, England or for that sake in another country, if someone shows the magic, dance or plays music on street then he or she will get some reward for it & can earn some money for bread & butter. Why we like watching that on TV & appreciate it? Why we pay them there & not here? Could be we get attracted to the jazz & boldness behind it... & these people have rural look? I get these question in mind... Might be you will have different opinion....

What is wrong to appreciate this kind of talent?? I think its just matter of prospective!!

India being so much full of art & creativity….

Let’s inherit & appreciate it,rather then let it perish.

Let’s be proud of art & proud to help fellow human being, who is giving something in return than those beggars who have made begging a business.

Let’s enjoy the art & enjoy the satisfaction of helping fellow human being & be thankful for giving opportunity as viewers to help them out!

1 comment:

TANMAY said...

At first thanks for the mentioning names of photographers on your blog.

I like this post. I think its our responsibility to save folk art like 'Vasudev''bahuropi'or other art.Keep it up mam.