I dont have her snap, will post it later...
She is sweet & beautiful. Bubbly chubby & cute- Shruti
Shruti, she was our neighbor in our previous home. She is fond of my mother,& use to hang in my place for hours together. She must be in her 4th std, when I met her first, Very bold & talkative. She use to fill our home with talks & dance & sometimes shouts… I became kid along with her, we use to do lot of mischief. Being with her was so charismatic that, many times I forgot I had to get back to my work...
We came close during my sis wedding, me & mom, real busy in doing wedding preparations… (Ah! It was typical Indian wedding... Full of dance, masti, gifts, food). Shruti use to hang around with us… quite lot... To help us out. [That’s what she use to say to her mom ;) ]
She is very talkative, she use to talk about her mom, dad, her twin sis Shravni- Shravni, physically handicap… abnormal child... But very sharp at her emotions...
Sometimes, I wondered whether, her parents ignored our darling doll Shruti.
Shruti moved on with everything… a care, love n affection for her sis… at cost of her beating & disturbing her studies, sometimes tearing books...
What more could be expected out of a kid I thought! She knew, to move on, along with all this…
One incidence took over everything , she was hanging around as usual , late afternoon, my Granny, offered a five star bar, Shruti very bluntly told her, that give another. It was a silence for a second & mom told her that its bad habit to ask for another (ala bla….. as usual typical of mom’s) she listened to all & just said, “I want it for Shravni, other wise take this back”, for moment it was pin drop silence, we were shocked…& She continued, I share everything with her...
What a satisfaction, she carried, when another five star was given to her...
That’s true human I thought...
Maturity at this age… that was to learn from her.
As time moved, there was a gap, eventually we shifted & we hardly met each other. I got married & busy… I met her hardly & heard of her from mom...
There was Diwali & I was there, all sudden this babe landed up along with her parents, to show their new car & take us on drive. She insisted us to come for a drive.
I was standing out of car & listening to her talks… & suddenly, she held my hand. She complained to me, that I have become quite & not talking much…
That was surprise, a small girl must be ten years old, was so observant that she could recognize change in me....
The maturity & mischief always goes hand in hand when it comes to her. & most amazing of all was she keeps calling us to just check how we are doing… like an old granny!
As Shobha taught me so much, so did Shruti, she taught me to be altruistic, humble & polite. Above all she taught me to be human.
No comments:
Post a Comment