It was Saturday, I was late & wanted to reach to office soon, Shantanu dropped me half way & there I picked up ric... (Rickshaw). The driver was an old man must in his 70s. He had grey hair & wrinkled skin; he was wearing brown lining shirt & brown pant. From his appearance, he looked like from that rich class. I thought its circumstance must have made him do this.
I got into ric hurriedly, I forgot to check whether he put meter or not. Respecting his age,I asked him very humbly whether he put meter or not … he shouted back. I again, kept cool asked him why he is shouting…. He kept quite. He moved on. I had told him the road; he tried to act smart, by following his way. I stopped him, again he gave back. I was just telling myself... ‘Keep cool’! & journey continued, half the way he again took diversion, I tried explaining him, but he was in no mood to listen, he kept on shouting, he went up to the extent that he said he will not have any business because of me. I really lost my temper finally gave him my peace of mind.
My argument was not about the road or meter, I would have given him ten rupees extra but it was about the age & respect.
If someone is giving you respect, one has to acknowledge it & should not take advantage of the respect.
Anyway this was real bitter one... to experience!
thats life....
No comments:
Post a Comment